The March 2012 podcast of The American Private Investigator with your host, Paul Jaeb of Heartland Investigative Group, features Mike McIntee and Paul Jaeb with the API news segment. Hear why the NCAA might hire private investigators for future investigations, get the latest on the Glenn Mulcaire tabloid phone hacking case, why air conditioner thefts have prompted scrap iron firms to hire private investigators, and what Chris Butler did wrong when he hired soccer moms to assist his private investigative firm with divorce cases.
Next, lawyers Jason Evans, Esq. of Leslie R. Evans & Associates and Sheila Engelmeier, Esq. of Engelmeier & Umanah join Paul and segment co-host Dave Pelligrinelli of AFX Search to talk about client expectations. Learn what lawyers look for when hiring a private investigator and the best methods for reaching potential legal clients. Get tips from Jason and Sheila on transitioning from a career in law enforcement to private investigative work. Hear Paul and Dave discuss price versus value from the client’s perspective, how to deal with the challenge of getting past the price issue, and the latest on marketing via your firm’s website and using LinkedIn to grow your business.
Regular contributors Peter Psarouthakis and Alan Goodman join Paul to talk about legislation attempting to regulate GPS use and how Nicole Bocra of Infinity Investigative Solutions was able to work with the legislature to kill a bill in Virginia. Peter, Alan, and Paul talk about anticipated privacy issues and how investigators can be proactive at the state level through ISPLA. Next, Alan gives his forecast for the process server industry, and Alan and Peter give the scoop on upcoming events.
Guests on the March 2012 podcast are:
- Jason Evans, Esq., Leslie R. Evans & Associates P.A.: 214 Brazilian Avenue, Suite 200, Palm Beach, Florida 33480, T: 561-721-6513, email@example.com, www.lrevanspa.com.
- Sheila Engelmeier, Esq., Engelmeier & Umanah: 12 South Sixth Street, Suite 1230, Minneapolis, MN 55402, T: (612) 455-7723, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.e-ulaw.com.
- Dave Pelligrinelli, AFX Search: 214 Brazilian Avenue, Suite 200, Palm Beach, Florida 33480, 561-247-4239, email@example.com, www.afxsearch.com.
- Peter Psarouthakis, Investigative & Security Professionals for Legislative Action (ISPLA): 235 N. Pine Street, Lansing, Michigan 48933, T: 734-428-9663, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://ispla.org.
- Paul Jaeb, Heartland Investigative Group: 520 Nicollet Mall, Suite 520, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402, T: 612-371-9255, email@example.com, www.heartlandinfo.com.
- Alan Goodman, Lawyers Investigating Service, Inc: P.O. Box 8479, Portland, Maine 04104, Maine: 207-775-5685, 800-244-5685, Nationwide: 888-244-5685, F: 207-893-1475, firstname.lastname@example.org,www.lawyersinvestigatingservice.com.