The July 2012 podcast of The American Private Investigator with your host, Paul Jaeb of Heartland Investigative Group, features Mike McIntee and Paul Jaeb with the API news segment. Hear about how private investigator, Freddie Parish, helped get the rape charges against former prep school football star Brian Banks dismissed. Parish said he had one chance to get a confession out of Banks’ accuser. Will celebrity snoop Anthony Pellicano get sprung? In 2008, Pellicano was found guilty on 76 charges—including wire fraud, identity theft and racketeering. Pellicano filed a motion last week in a federal court in Los Angeles requesting bail pending appeal of his racketeering charges.
Paul and Mike discuss recent industry news, including the successful outcome of the Brian Banks case by private investigator Freddie Parish, and whether notorious P.I. Anthony Pellicano will be released from prison.
Next, Paul Jaeb of Heartland Investigative Group and Dave Pelligrinelli of AFX Search discuss how to set up metrics to tune up your agency and other best business practices. Paul and Dave discuss a handful of key items businesses should be measuring.
Joining Paul Jaeb and Dave Pelligrinelli is Craig Engstrom, who teaches Business Communication at Elmhurst College in Chicago and author of Business Communications for Professionals and Consultants. They discuss the need for an active research agenda in the Private Investigation field and how building a knowledge base around best practices could help the industry become more of an advocate to legislature and help set industry standards.
Regular contributors Alan Goodman of Lawyers Investigating Service and Peter Psarouthakis of ISPLA join Paul for a rapid fire line up of questions and answers. What is the next big thing? What is the biggest threat to the Private Investigation profession? Is the in-house investigator a thing of the past? Stay tuned in as Alan and Peter answer these questions and more.
Guests on the July 2012 podcast are:
- Dave Pelligrinelli, AFX Search: 214 Brazilian Avenue, Suite 200, Palm Beach, Florida 33480, 561-247-4239, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.afxsearch.com.
- Craig Engstrom, email@example.com
- Alan Goodman, Lawyers Investigating Service, Inc: P.O. Box 8479, Portland, Maine 04104, Maine: 207-775-5685, 800-244-5685, Nationwide: 888-244-5685, F: 207-893-1475, Aeglis@aol.com,www.lawyersinvestigatingservice.com.
- Peter Psarouthakis, Investigative & Security Professionals for Legislative Action (ISPLA): 235 N. Pine Street, Lansing, Michigan 48933, T: 734-428-9663, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://ispla.org.
- Paul Jaeb, Heartland Investigative Group: 520 Nicollet Mall, Suite 520, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402, T: 612-371-9255, email@example.com, www.heartlandinfo.com.